Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Caffeine Tuesday

So normally I don't drink anything caffeinated, but today the coffee guy must have made a mistake. I was bouncing off the walls this a.m. And, unfortunately, it exacerbated my feeling of being overwhelmed by my schedule this week. It's crazy (the schedule), and helps make sense of why it is that I am perpetually single. I've been leaving the house at 8 a.m. and getting back in most days by 8 p.m. or later. At that point, I'm so done in that I just want to sit mindlessly in front of the TV. Only one night this week do I have something fun scheduled with someone.

So I'm soliciting suggestions for what I should do with my Saturday (I'm done seeing clients at 11 a.m. and the rest of the day is mine!). I want something that is fun, relaxing and does not cost any money. I think I will probably end up going to the marina or the beach and putting out a blanket. Sadly, even thinking of taking a drive somewhere seems extravagent with gas prices these days. But there is a lovely lighthouse down the coast from San Francisco that has the most beautiful view of the ocean and coastline.

Post in comments or send me an e-mail about your ideas.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

okay, Kari, this is the first time i have ever logged onto a BLOG and obviously the first time i posted. so, can anyone in the whole world read my post, or just you?

GO TO THE BEACH! wow, i wish i could join you. i could use some time to nap/relax/read mags to the sounds and smells of the ocean. that seems relaxing to me.

ashley

Anonymous said...

Kari--just logged on to your BLOG site for the first time, and all I can say is WOW! Reading many of your insightful comments brings me back to the good ole days (and nights) at Comstock hall, with the many late night discussions that you and I had about life, love, and the pursuit of happiness. I definitely will be back to your blog (have already added it to my list of favorites) and look forward to more of your "Life as I know it"!

Peace and love,
Kara

Anonymous said...

Ok. Maybe you'll think I'm nuts (I know I am anyway) but you could try to knit something. It is strangely soothing, yet it yields a product! Scarves are the best, easy an fast, and can't be messed up. I get into that every now and then when I get the urge and usually derives some enjoyment from it.

Lisa

HistoryGeek said...

I'm really hoping to get out (and to the beach would be lovely), unfortunately I'm hearing it might rain. I do have some knitting I could do. I've realized that the reason I want out, though, is that my apartment is heinously messy. I just don't want to spend the day a)in a messy house or b)cleaning said messy house. I might be heading out to a cafe, if all else fails, with some mindless novel.

Also, everyone can read these posts...keep it as clean as you feel that requires.