Thursday, July 21, 2005

"I'm the Prince of BelAire"

Is that even the right spelling up above?

So here's the buzz...there was just a guy visiting our dialysis clinic who says that he is the site manager for a Will Smith movie and they are considering our unit for the site of a scene or two. There are, of course, other sites being considered, but he likes our site the best so far (I'd guess it's relatively private location and a big open parking lot would be very handy, in this case).

It's probably not something that I will even get to witness or be a part of...it may not even happen...but still it's kind of fun to imagine, eh?

Something was filmed near my house in Berkeley years ago (when I still lived there, of course). I came home to find the street across from mine blocked off and the parking lot across the street filled with 2 huge costume and prop trucks. I never did find out what movie that was for.

Other than that I'm just trying to get reacclimated to work. Luckily, there's nothing urgent that's presenting itself.

4 comments:

Charby said...

Wow!
Try and get yourself in the background, holding up a banner saying "Hello Charbs!"
You will have undying respect if you manage this task!

Flash said...

I so have to open a post with...
so here's the buzz.
and if accomplish that task I'm changing my name to Charbs

LB said...

anyone consider the possibility that this fella is not from a Will Smith movie at all but is perhaps a Mad Loonybin and is just casing the joint so he can steal all your hole punches or something?

HistoryGeek said...

Moose - they wouldn't allow any filming during clinic hours...so they'd pretty much would be relegated to Sundays.

Bargain - I had thought that, but while it would be hell to lose computers, I don't think that there's much of a market for hot dialysis machines and that's really the heart of the clinic operations.