Friday, August 19, 2005

"Summertime, and the living is easy"

First a couple more answers for Ka…

“If you could have been anything, talent and opportunity notwithstanding, what would you have wanted to be?” I think I would want to have been a musician in a band. I remember being in choir as a kid and loving that feeling of being really into a song and with the music (sometimes a full pipe organ blasting it out with you). There was something just really good about that. I also remember a good friend from college, Upgirl, who played the guitar and sang (she also sent me to my first Indigo Girls concert). There was something just so beautiful when she would get into a groove singing and playing…I always had something of a crush on her.

“And what are YOUR favorite pair of shoes?” This is a complicated question…I like my shoes comfy, but sexy. It’s a hard combination to get for the most part. The closest I’ve come (and I still sacrifice some comfort) are a pair of platform flip-flops…with a new coat of paint on my toenails, they are HOT (if I do say so myself).

__________________________________________

I took part of yesterday off to go proof my business cards. I had a flash back to reading the Laura Ingalls Wilder books so many years ago, when Laura went to get name cards and how stylish and elegant and grown-up I thought it all was. I've had business cards before, of course, but these are the first I've had made for myself and it seems a little daunting. But now I have my very own calling cards that don't have a company name on them.

I think I started out this week complaining about putting up my hair, and how it seemed symbolic. I'm still struggling with this internal stuff, but I decided to rebel against my normal routine today and wear my hair down. It requires a bit of management when it's down, but I do love it.

This weekend is going to be crazy busy again. Little time to just breathe, but I'm running on the knowledge that in 8 days I get to let myself loose on San Diego (film of Spinster Gone Wild to follow, I'm sure!).

Just a heads up, for those of you interested, Amazon.com has started selling sex toys...and the world hasn't burst into flames. While this is a step forward for human pleasure, I would still encourage you to frequent such on-line establishment as Good Vibrations (a worker owned cooperative here in the Bay Area). I'm at work, so I'm not going to look up the link for it.

Well, happy Friday everyone!

1 comment:

HistoryGeek said...

Damn! It's a long time since I've gone almost a full day with no comments. I guess that's a Friday for you.