Monday, February 27, 2006

"Hear the sound of the pouring rain, coming down like an Armageddon train"

It has been raining off and on all day. With the wind, it's been torrential at times. A perfect day to stay at home in bed...too bad it was a work day. And what a work day...no real client drama - but this: I learned that on Sunday, March 12th, I am to attend a "mandatory rally" for my work. Now, I don't know about you, but I've never imagined the words mandatory and rally being linked in such a way. Needless to say, I'm not going to be in a terribly rallying mood on a Sunday.

But the day turned up. I went to meet Scout this evening. She is the Australian sheep dog that lives in El Cerrito with her human. We got along swimmingly, and she agreed that I could stay with her while her human is away next weekend. I'm thrilled. I love these dogs - so affectionate, energetic and just cute as a button.

But right now, I'm still at the Cottage (HippyChick and BeeDragon's house). The kitties have all been hybernating indoors out of the rain - although Kito was a bit damp this a.m. Of all the things I could be watching (because they have cable), I am watching Nova on PBS. I'm a sucker for a good investigative documentary about mummies, I am.

I started reading an interesting book today: The Grizzly Maze. It's a book about Timothy Treadwell - the man immortalized by Werner Herzog in Grizzly Man. I've been really interested in seeing the movie, but just have not gotten to it. So I picked up this book instead. I'm glad I'm reading this first because, if the introduction is to be believed, Herzog slanted his presentation of Treadwell considerably. I'll be interested to see how they compare.

I've noticed lately that my readership (or at least those who comment) has dropped off significantly. It's made me think a bit about what I want this blog to be for me. I'm still not sure. I don't want to force my writing here in any way, or I would stop. But I also like the attention when I'm less random and giving me day to day. I guess I'll just continue to mull this over for a bit.

8 comments:

Alecya G said...

Oh, Spinny. Sorry I havent been commenting. I read, I do. Sometimes I am not entirely sure what to say. I'll do better, I promise. We love you, you know. [or at least, I do]

its nice here, going to be almost 80, which is unheard of for this time of year. I'm going to try and get out of the house later. Hopefully you'll be able to curl up and enjoy some of the riny weather.

I love PBS! we don't have cable, and I am thankful, or I would be watching TV all day with the History channel and all that. I can't keep up now.

I dont know what yours is showing, but on my PBS on wednesdays we're havinga best of monty python. Last week was Eric Idle. Hooray!

Aravis said...

No rain here, but it's freezing cold and amazingly windy. Yesterday I had to stop at a place on the side of a mountain. Getting my car door open was next to impossible and when I did... picture me clutching the door frame with my legs flapping in the breeze behind me and you won't be far wrong! *G*

The thought of you with the cats, or with Scout, is such a cozy one.

As for your blog, I think you should simply write about whatever you want. I'm here to read whatever is on your mind on any given day, because I'm interested in you, not in what you think I might like. You're perfect the way you are. :0)

Any I'm with you: it's not very rallying when you make things mandatory.

Erika said...

Spin, you can count me among those who read regularly without commenting appropriately - I've been struggling with a little bit of blogger's block myself and it seems to have swelled over into my commenting.

But don't let comments be your reason to write! This is your forum. Rest comfortably in the knowledge that people are reading and enjoying and laughing and comiserating, and make it your forum to express anything and everything you want to express.

LB said...

I've been reading if not always commenting also. I'm just sayin'!!

swisslet said...

there are lies, damn lies and statistics.... don't put too much faith in your hits. It's all about quality of traffic.

So, someone other than me then?

ST

Matt said...

Sorry Spinny :(

Anonymous said...

i agree, don't let whether people comment or not stop you from using this as an outlet for whatever you want to say. i often don't feel like commenting but i read almost every day :)

Charby said...

I've been reading every day Spins, just not always found the will to comment.
(erm thats not a slur on you, I'm just in a bit of a slump right now blogging/commenting wise)