Friday, November 10, 2006

The week in review....

It's been a rather strange and difficult week. The weekend had been mostly unsatisfying as I was still recovering from illness and feeling tired all the time.

Monday, I had a cardiologist appointment. It was a referral from my primary care physician. She's concerned that I have labile hypertension. The cardiologist didn't seem to really have much worry about that. He did tell me to lose weight and express concern about my being on the pill. He's recommended a couple of tests to see what my heart health really is...and I'm wishing that he would have waited to see the results before making comments about the pill. Here's why: I just got done with having my period and 1) I didn't spend several days prior to it feeling like a caged monkey from PMS and 2) I didn't have to swallow a bottle of ibuprofen in order to survive the cramps without clawing out my uterus. These have been the most wonderful side-effects of being on the pill. I will so resent it, if he tells me that I need to stop taking it.

Tuesday was the day of the frustrating work. My dialysis job left me wanting to shake someone. Then in the evening, only one person from my group showed up. I felt a bit like a failure, although I was realistic enough to know that that is not true.

Wednesday, my blog revelation set off a whirlwind of emotions that I wasn't quite prepared for. I did have a wonderful dinner with SFBette that night. It's always a treat to hang out with her.

Yesterday was a pretty good day, really. Got lot's of work done at work. Walked to and from work. Got home made dinner. S called and I brought my dinner over there to share with him. He played some music he's mixing for a dance piece he's putting together. I didn't get to stay the night though because he's also diligently finishing up some work on some lectures that he has coming up. So it was home for CSI, then to bed. I slept like a rock last night.

Today, I start out with a Stress Echocardiogram...that means sweating on a treadmill while they have me hooked up to silly machines. Then I'm going to go talk to my therapist...probably about the drinking issue, although the thought of that just makes me kind of shaky and exhausted, at the same time. Tonight I'm off to spend the evening with S...dinner and dancing, I believe...

Okay, then - I may not have a chance to blog the rest of the weekend. Have a wonderful one, my dears!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like your blog. Would you be interested in being paid to blog? If you're interested, contact me at scotsd50@yahoo.com

P'tit-Loup said...

I hope the test and therapy went well!

Aravis said...

If you're having heart problems, I can see why he's worried about the pill. But since the pill comes in many forms, perhaps there's a safer prescription for you? I hope the tests turn out well so that this doesn't even have to be an issue.

It sounds as though it's been a stressful week. May the coming week be much better! *hug*

Anonymous said...

Good luck on your tests, I'm thinking about you. Hugs