Friday, January 05, 2007

Nose to the grindstone

Fridays may be a day away from work for me, but they are rarely quiet days.

I got up at 8 a.m. (this is late for me these days...so it felt a bit luxuriant). Ate breakfast, cleaned and clothed.

Chiropractor appointment at 9:30. Then I went grocery shopping. Came home and talked to the handyman around here, Bob, who promised to fix my shower today after he ran some errands.

I cleaned the bathroom and the kitchen (making an amazing dent in my dishes...which are a little more daunting than usual because I have a whole set of plastic containers from IKEA that have to be cleaned before I store them away). Made lunch...baked squash and sauteed greens.

At 1 p.m. I had my therapy appointment...I walked there today. Then after, I caught the bus to UC-Berkeley and went to do some more research on the article I'm trying to write.

Got back home at 4:30...made a snack, then spent an hour reading the articles I'd gotten.

Then I made dinner, and here I am at 7 p.m. (Tonight's dinner is Rachel Ray's Spinach-Artichoke Cheesy Tortellini, by the way.)

My shower is fixed, so I'm looking forward to a lovely soak tomorrow morning - it's so unpleasant when your shower just spits at you in the a.m.

Tonight? Does she rest or toil on? Well, it's a bit of a combination. I'm going to do a little free-writing tonight to gather my thoughts, then I'm going to watch wretched Friday night television and work on a knitting project that I have neglected for far too long.

Toodles, darlings.

2 comments:

Aravis said...

Wretched Friday tv? Ghost Whisperer and Numb3rs came back on! *G*

It sounds like it was a positive and productive day. The article seems satisfying. Good luck and enjoy all of your writings, whether for work or leisure. :0)

Flash said...

All I did last night was watch TV & I right enjoyed it.