Thursday, March 22, 2007

Lunch and other stuff

Yesterday, the company I work for sponsored a lunch for the social workers and dieticians to celebrate National Social Work month & National Nutrition month. It was quite lovely. I, especially, liked the chance to just socialize without really having a presentation...enjoying getting to know some of the dieticians and hanging out with my fellow social workers.

Today, the professional organization for dialysis social workers had a lunch meeting to celebrate National Social Work month. In comparison, it was a disappointment. I know that they don't have a lot of money and that they didn't want to have us pay for it. But, really, did we need to listen to presentations from 2 different drug reps? They started talking before the salad and we didn't end until long after dessert. No chance to just enjoy my colleagues.

Last night, I spent some time on my private practice. I probably will again tonight. I'm putting together a postcard for my group and a brochure for my practice, in general. I think I have a general idea about the postcard, but I'm still not sure about the brochure. I really need to look for a decent picture of an oak tree for my "logo."

It is an absolutely beautiful day today, for those of you not living in California. Sunshine and in the 70's. Yay! for spring.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

i'd be curious to see your brochure! goodluck