Saturday, April 07, 2007

Lazy days...

My birthday was lovely. I saw my client, cancelled my own therapy (because I wanted to), got some soup and a potato latke for lunch.

Sister sent her annual birthday gift. A plant. I've already apologized to it for it's bad luck at being sent to live with the great plant anihilator. One never knows though, Ficii seems to be thriving thus far.

I went to meet up with S last night. We went for a lovely walk at Lake Temescal. We discussed some of the history of the Oakland Hills Fire and told me about the firecats that lived in the park after the fire (homeless kitties who resisted the urge to be reunited with their former caregivers).

We returned to his house and he had me do an "exercise" to look at what I was grateful for about different parts of myself in the past year, and what I hoped to be grateful for next year. It was interesting. He was off making things in the kitchen while I did this.

Then I was treated to a traditional seder, although S cheated some and skipped a lot of the prayers. I did eat gefilte fish again. Actually, the brand that he got this time was a lot better than the previous one. It wasn't so strong.

It was a lovely celebration and I was deeply touched that S wanted to celebrate with me. He has always been so amazingly supportive of my beliefs and I want to offer the same support to him. And the last seder I was at, at HippyChick & BeeDragon's last house, was such an eye-opener about how ritual could be so integrated into a community celebration.

I got to sleep in this a.m., as my first client has rescheduled temporarily. It was a wonderful luxury. All though, I didn't really sleep-in so much as just stay in bed longer than usual (hee!).

Tonight, S is off to have another seder with his temple community. I'm home procrastinating the completion of my pre-party cleaning. Really, there's not a lot to do, but I want to get most of it out of the way before tomorrow morning.

SS will be stopping by tomorrow morning with a cake she's baked for the celebration. Then, it's going to be party time! Wish you all could make it (some of you are), but have a good Sunday wherever you are...

6 comments:

Flash said...

I wish I could come to your party Spins.
Who says it's a small world, eh?

Cody Bones said...

"I did eat gefilte fish again."

Shudder-Shudder

Spins, your not supposed to actually eat it, just buy it and display it, kinda like a fruitcake. I will repeat my earlier observation that gefilte fish is responsible for most of the antisemitism in the world, and it's been rumored that it started the Israeli-Palestinian conflict (Hamas, and Hezbollah are VERY anti-gefilte fish.) Happy Birthday again you wonderful soul.

Jessica said...

What was your favorite part of the Seder? Did the bitter herbs do anything for your allergies?

Charby said...

Whoops! Belated Birthday Greetings!

Aravis said...

That sounds wonderful. I make gratitude lists as part of my program, but I'd never considered a birthday gratitude list. It adds an extra dimension, making it even more meaningful.

I hope the rest of your day was as lovely as the first part.

Anonymous said...

This was my first Passover since breaking up with my Jewish ex. I did not miss the gefilte fish.

Happy belated birthday!