Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Procrastination is making me wait

I'm reading a book on procrastination. I mentioned it before. Since I'm reading it for personal growth I'm having less patience with it than I normally have for self-help/therapy type books. I also just want to jump to the solution without examining all the ways that I am a procrastinator and how I got there. I know that this may be part of the problem, but I'm sick of the problem and how it makes me feel.

See, I'm one of those people who's so afraid to fail that I don't want to even try something. Then, of course, I fail anyway. There was also a section on feeling intruded upon. OMG, do I feel intruded upon on a regular basis. Of course, being a social worker that's sort of your job description, but I wonder at how permeable I let myself be to others.

Anyway, I know exactly when they are describing me in the book because I get very antsy as I read it and all these familiar feelings come up. There's a lovely checklist I'll be doing about all the areas that I procrastinate in and the consequences.

Okay, then, that's enough about that.

I swam 18 lengths of the pool yesterday. It felt good. I got out feeling calm and like things were much better in my life. Gods but I really do love to swim. Why do I always forget that?

1 comment:

Jessica said...

18 pool lengths! that's awesome!