Thursday, October 11, 2007

The way things go...

I've discovered Yahoo! Music. D, my dietician friend, introduced me to it and helped troubleshoot getting it going. Basically, it lets you pick the types of music that you like then it plays those things and similar music, essentially creating your own music station without any annoying DJs.

I've known this for awhile, but listening to music really helps me focus on the task at hand. I don't know why. I used to think that I could only write when listening to non-lyrics based music, but now I know that's not true. It's just so easy to make it background. It's helped me feel very productive in the past 2 days. This is good...feeling productive feels good.

I finally took my car in to get an estimate on the bumper that got dented about 2 months ago. It was so quick and relatively painless (although the estimate is more than I'd anticipated). Still, that felt good too.

Last night, I bagged up the recycling which I hadn't had any energy to deal with. I haven't carried it out yet, but it's neatly in bags ready to go out to the back. That felt really good.

I'm noticing a theme here. I'm feeling pretty good this week despite the rough start and my period starting (actually those feel good hormones are always a plus). So maybe, just maybe, I'm getting better. I'm still running warmer than is always comfortable for me. It's like my body is struggling to reset itself but is finally getting somewhere.

This feels good.

2 comments:

Hyde said...

Yay!! I'm glad you're feeling better. And I hope you pick up some cool new music...

love,
h

Aravis said...

My fingers are crossed that this continues!