Thursday, January 03, 2008

New Year's

Happy New Year, everyone!

I was feeling a bit out of it yesterday, as I woke up with pufffy eyes and incredibly painful sinuses. I spent the day at home with decongestants and Weeds, Season 2. I'm better today, although I'm still feeling congested. I know that I have to get back to my Flonase regimen, but I'm still trying to let my sinus membranes heal. S reminded me that I can now pursue allergy shots, and I need to make an appointment with my allergist about that.

On New Year's eve, S & SS and I headed into SF for a dinner at some restaurant (the name wasn't prominent and you had to enter an apartment building to get to it). The food was good. But the best was yet to come.

We headed across the street to Grace Cathedral for an early showing of the 1929 silent film version of The Phantom of the Opera. There was an organ accompaniest for the show. It was amazing. It's amazing how dramatic everything was in those silent films.

We were home before midnight and watched the television version of the ball drop. Then it was off to bed.

The next day, we headed out to do some bowling and SS headed home while S & I enjoyed the sunset at Alameda beach.

How was all of your New Years'?

2 comments:

Hyde said...

That sounds awesome. I saw the Phantom shown like that at The Cathedral of St. John the Divine on Halloween back when I was in college.

Happy New Year!!

love,
h

Aravis said...

That sounds like a great way to usher in the new year.

Randy had to work in the evening, but our neighbor was having an open house and invited me over. I had dinner with her, met some new people and caught up with others I already knew. I left around 10, when Randy came home. Other than a phone call from my mother, the rest of New Year's Eve was just the 2 of us. It was quiet, it was perfect.

Happy New Year!