Monday, February 11, 2008

What I did this weekend, by Spins

So Friday night was a quiet night. I did a little shopping and some walking on Saturday. It was so beautiful at Cesar Chavez Park...lots of dogs walking their owners and a lovely bench that I sat on right next to a ladybug bush. Really, it had ladybugs all over it.

I napped on Saturday afternoon, then got dressed and made up (because if you are going to dress provocatively, you should go all out). I picked up S and we headed over to the City. We ate at a dive bar/cafe. Actually really good food, but it was clearly a fairly seedy bar in a previous incarnation.

Then we went to attend a Shibari demonstration. Shibari is Japanese rope bondage. I'm generally not that into rope bondage, although S enjoys it. But the suspension part was fascinating. Anyway, I was appropriately dressed for the setting and really had a very good time with S.

It was late when we got back, so we headed right to bed. In the morning, we practiced our sword fighting. Then SS joined us. It's been awhile since I've seen or talked to her. I'm not quite sure where our relationship is in her mind...or really in mine, either.

We went to the Julia Morgan theater and saw a performance of the SF Chamber Orchestra and Piedmont choirs. It was a family program, so it was short and sweet...literally. That was fun. They featured the piccolo and the double bass in seperate pieces. That was pretty cool.

After lunch, I dropped S & SS off at S' house, then I went home and took a nap. I had only set my alarm for 2 hours, but after I turned it off, I slept another hour. I guess I was needing some rest!

I made reservations for going to Pantheacon next weekend. I'm really excited about this...it's been a few years since I've gone. Then I watched a Nature program on horseshoe crabs and the beginning of Pride & Prejudice on PBS before I went to bed.

Now it's Monday again. *sigh* Where do the weekends go?

1 comment:

Aravis said...

It sounds like you had a really love weekend!