Monday, March 31, 2008

Quiet weekend

So S is hacking up a lung, and I came down with a bad case of allergies. We both spent most of the weekend resting in our respective homes.

Sunday did see us at the Berkeley Marina entertaining all those who were up early on a Sunday morning with our rendition of the death scene of Hamlet. (And just so you know, I have confirmed that theater people do call it The Scottish Play...it was overheard during our practice in a conversation between our fight teacher and one of the students.) Of course, I had to use my inhaler (which is pretty rare actually and is indicative of how bad the allergies are getting to me).

S kept insisting that he could keep up the fighting for hours. I'm sure he could because even sick, he is in good shape. But I don't know that he realizes his body needs rest so that the immuno-troops can do their work. Of course, he's the one who introduced me to the concept of immuno-troops, so he should know.

I do really love the broadsword, though. It feels right. We have our final tonight, then next week the new class starts. No more broadswords...just rapiers. Maybe I'll love them too (we also get to do daggers - that should be fun!).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

isnt macbeth the scottish play? hamlet is in denmark aint it? or is it another thing i have wrong?