Thursday, June 05, 2008

Here's the poop

I saw my GI doctor yesterday.

He says we can rule out the gallbladder as the liver enzyme tests were okay (who knew the liver liked the gallbladder so much), and since there are no stones, that little organ should be well.

WARNING - there might be TOO MUCH INFORMATION in this paragragh...I told him that I still get pain/discomfort. I told him that I was having a lot of gas (particularly yesterday) and that I'd had bloody mucous on my TP that day.

So I'm all set up for a colonoscopy because now he's worried about that. It's June 23rd. I'm a bit freaked out, but know that it really won't be that bad (yes, yes, the prep is worse than the procedure. I've heard.). But, of course, I'm now getting to catestrophize about the possible outcomes. I'm good at this, and my psyche seems to revel in it even if my nerves don't.

My father has reminded me that my mother has had 2 of these and they've found nothing. So I cling to that voice of reason.

I'm going to do something other than obsess tomorrow. After I see my therapist and a client, I am going to see the Indiana Jones movie and have lunch at CPK. Good diversion.

3 comments:

Aravis said...

I'm thinking of you. As you say, it's the thinking about it that makes it worse. But I'm sure you'll be fine; he just wants to rule things out. My step-father had to have one of these a couple of years ago, and I was his ride home afterwards. He was tired, but felt fine otherwise. *hug*

Your plans sound great. Have fun!

Cody Bones said...

I hope you find out what is going on, and that you start to feel better soon. Do you think that it might be that you just can't tolerate certain foods anymore? Feel better soon, and I'm pulling for ya

HistoryGeek said...

Cody - I'm not sure. I'm trying to keep a very open mind right now (and not catastrophize). After the procedure rules out nastiness, I will probably make an appointment with a nutritionist a friend recommended who tests for food allergies.

Of course, if I'm allergic to chocolate there will be no reason to live...:(