Thursday, July 31, 2008

I'm feeling frustrated...

My fat communities are quarreling. On one there is a discussion about a movie that has devolved in to a painful sniping. I want to just say: "Step away from the movie!" and have done with it. It feels a bit like there is a string of we all have to be in perfect harmony for us to work together. Yeah, that doesn't really work.

And over on one of the blogs I read, there is a discussion of NAAFA's new website. What's frustrating about it is not that it is critical, it's my sense that the comments are not going to get to NAAFA because no one will bother making them directly to NAAFA. I suggested that people leave comments and speak up, and I got totally bashed.

I know that there is more work involved in actually trying to change a system than there is in complaining about it, but seriously, if you don't like it and you aren't willing to invest time and energy into it (even by giving them feedback directly), then why even waste your time complaining in the first place?

ACK! I think I need to step away from the NAAFA now.

1 comment:

Aravis said...

To me it seems a clear case of "You can be part of the problem, or part of the solution. Which is it?"

I know what it is for you, and you do too. The rest of these people are going to do what they're going to do; don't worry about them. Take whatever actions are right for you.

*hug*