Monday, July 28, 2008

Weekend Update

Saturday was a beautiful day. It was clear all day (no clouds at the Presidio, at least) and there was a nice breeze to offset any heat.

S & I got over to the Presidio early and went to Chrissy Field to have a snack before the Ho'ike got started. While there, I got a panicked call from SS about things that weren't quite as she imagined they would be. I calmed her and reminded her that it was her day and it would all work out fine.

When we got over to the Parade Grounds, I went to find her and give her a hug. She and her hula sisters looked beautiful in their outfits (and in the ones they later wore).

The first half of the show was traditional hula with chants...mostly prayers. The second half was the entertainment hula. Both were really beautiful and moving.

After the performance, there was food and lot's of people for SS to see. We had a birthday cake, and I gathered her friends and family around to sing Happy Birthday to her. Then we all just enjoyed the rest of the afternoon.

It was a lovely day, but being out among so many people and in the sun was exhausting. And, when I woke up yesterday, I was also feeling my allergies. I did some laundry and talked to SS on the phone briefly, and took a mid-morning nap.

Then it was off to learn our first dance for the choir concert I'm going to be in in November. It was fun, but a lot of work (it took about 2 hours to get through it). I came home to finish my laundry, only to find that the load I'd thought I'd put in the dryer and dried was still in the washer.

Today, I'm not feeling so well. I've been having stomach cramps (and yesterday was a very unhappy bowel day as well), and am uncomfortable. I think that my eating went out the window with all the things going on. And just being tired doesn't help.

That's all for now, my friends...just hanging in.

1 comment:

Aravis said...

Congratulations to SS for her performance! And I hope you feel better soon. :0(