Monday, September 29, 2008

And all the while...

So while more banks were failing and the GOP was losing debates and their confidence in their VP candidate, I was frolicking in the woods of northern California.

No, I wasn't naked all the time, just most afternoons by the pool with a book. It was a restorative, after all.

We stayed at Four Springs retreat center, which is an awesome spot with comfy, yet rustic accomodations. And the food...OMG the food. SS cried in joy on Sunday morning while eating a scone...'nuff said.

I met really awesome people and a deity or two (I took the mask making and aspecting courses). I got to dance and sing and do ritual. I took naps every afternoon.

There was a camp cat and 3 dogs that came to visit on Saturday and Sunday. And to top it all off, there was a grape arbor where the grapes were ripe and could be picked anytime you were wanting a snack (really, I couldn't make that up!).

To say that I did not want to return to my everyday life is a huge understatement. But here I am...and I'm going to try to not crash into the post-witchy event blues.

I hope you all had a lovely weekend.

1 comment:

Cody Bones said...

Spins, I can't even begin to tell you how much I love your blog. While I spent the weekend talking to clients, explaining the credit default swap market to people, and seeing my son dressed in a suit and going to homecoming, I get to log on and read about a magical weekend spend in the forest with spells and deities. I can't tell you how wonderful it is to be reminded about interesting lives that are being lead by interesting people that I have no knowledge of whatsoever. From the bottom of my heart, thank you for being you, and brightening my day.