Tuesday, October 07, 2008

What to talk about

It's been hard to know what to talk about lately. There are the obvious things on people's minds...you know like Halloween coming up and the end of days, and things like that. Oh! Sorry, I got to reading the Assemblies of God website. It's creapy and their ideas kind of suck you in.

But, really, the backdrop of crisis that is going on right now kind of takes over most everything, and I'm struggling not to talk about that backdrop (or to let it affect me too much).

I went back to see my nutritionist who works with the chiropractor that practices applied kinesiology. The stuff we talked about was pretty basic and interesting, but then I had to meet with the chiropractor and he suggested a "treatment plan." He has a machine which can supposedly help to "clear" and "reset" my body of allergies. The total for these lovely treatments? Close to $2000. I could take a nice vacation with that money that would "clear" and "reset" me, as well. Needless to say, I'll be sticking with just the nutrition.

He did recommend I check in with an MD about the Lyme disease stuff. It was a different doctor than I'd tried last year, so I called their office...and it was the same story as that other doctor. She does not take insurance and her first 2 appointments come to about $1000. It makes me really angry.

I'm off, tomorrow, to spend 3 days in San Jose for my company's Divisional Meeting. I'm not looking forward to the days of corporate stuff we will have to listen to, but on Thursday, we'll be doing a community service project. That I can get behind. I just have to watch that I don't overdo it.

On a lighter note, the movie Outsourced was really cute and is worth renting.

No comments: