Monday, March 14, 2005

You don't always get what you want

I find that it is so easy for me to focus on that first line of the song that I forget the second...but you just might find, you get what you need.

I found out on Friday that I didn't get something I desparately wanted. I was in a funk on Saturday that bled over for several days, but just is not terribly helpful. So this a.m., I'm trying to focus on the fact that I have got what I need at this moment. I've got an apartment and a car. I've got a job that just manages to pay the bills. I've got another job, that will soon pay something, that I love. I've got family and friends that are good to me. I eat regularly and I'm in good enough shape that I don't huff walking up to my second story apartment anymore. Really, I've got everything that I need.

Just saying this, I feel better. The sun is out again today - the beauty of CA is that spring comes ontime or early.

Peace!

2 comments:

Flash said...

Confused English fella enquiring about "in a funk for several days".
If I was in a funk for any amount of time, it would mean lot's of dancing, slap bass & the occasional whoop or yeah.
Am I to assume this is what you were doing?

HistoryGeek said...

A "funk" in the U.S., in this usage, would mean that I was feeling down. Not to be confused with funk music which could be danced to with great energy and joy!