Monday, June 13, 2005

I won't keep you in suspense

So dateboy never called after saying he would...and that in my book is a deal breaker (unless he got hit by a bus, that is).

In my attempt to get beyond the he-rejected-me-and-now-my-life-is-shit phase, I went home and pulled out the book He's Just Not that Into You and re-read this part (switch genders as appropriate): "I am writing this book, and women will be reading it, because we are all tired of operating from a place of fear. You want to believe that you are better than all the crap you've been taking from all these men all these years. Well you are. You are an excellent, foxy human being worthy of love, and the only way you can pursue the idea is by honoring yourself. At the very least this means ridding your world of dudes who are not worthy and setting a standard of excellence in your daily life." (pg. 145)

A good thought to live by, I think.

No comments: