Friday, June 17, 2005

Road rage

I have finally figured out why road rage happens: other drivers are absolute idiots. Somehow the idiocy of other drivers increases exponentially on Friday afternoons around 3 p.m. I wonder if the idiocy quotient wasn't also effected by the rain yesterday (thus making everyone anxious to sneak in all the sun-time they can out of the weekend for fear that winter is going to come back again).

Still did that excuse the granny from deciding to "merge" when there was clearly no space...followed by young-man-in-mid-life-crisis-car. I swear there must have been a target on my passenger side door. And WTF is this new trend, now that it's warm enough to drive with the car windows down, to signal your lane change by pointing?! This is what a signal is for, isn't it?

My rage sobered to something akin to terror this evening when I heard the distinct crack of shots firing as I drove 880 heading south. I like to think that it was just the cheesy little car 2 lanes over back-firing, but these days, you just never know.

Maybe I'm just pissed off because I have to move out of the Retreat tomorrow. I've got another housekeeping gig going for the next week, too, but it really is not quite so nice as this.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have actualy read accounts of people shooting at cars due to road rage. It truely is a strange phenomenom

HistoryGeek said...

There have also been snipers shooting at cars on our freeways in the last year. A couple of people have been killed. So I feel I was justifiably freaked out, even if it was just a car back firing.