Monday, July 18, 2005

Imagine

Swallowing shards of glass, and you will have a pretty good description of what my throat feels like. My MD didn't even culture...just looked, wrote a scrip and gave me a doctor's note for 3 days off my job (working in a dialysis clinic with immuno-compromised folks sometimes has its benefits).

I had to stop and read up a bit on my peeps in blogland. You seem to all be doing well.

I'm off to get my antibiotics, buy a trashy novel, rent some movies...then contemplate what kind of food I can tolerate getting past my throat. Somehow I think I'm going to be eating a lot of yogurt and soup the next couple days.

Just a word on the weather. I fucking love where I live! Over in the valleys they are getting 100+ degrees (farenheit), but here on the coast (not far from those sweltering valleys), mid to upper 70's. It's perfect!

I'll probably drop by again sometime on Wednesday to check in.

P.S. My emotions are a bit more settled and I feel much more clear-headed.

4 comments:

Flash said...

Just chill out & soak up the sun, spins.
And get well soon.
xx

Hyde said...

Feel better! I hate sore throats! I had so many last year that I ended up getting my tonsils out, so I'll be thinking of you!

:)

Aravis said...

Strep throat? Get some rest and feel better!

LavaLady said...

Take good care of yourself (I have a feeling you will).