Monday, July 11, 2005

"let's put on some tunes...sing along"

Well, yes, I am going to San Diego. It's very exciting. I'm only going for 4 days, which I know isn't a lot, but I will need to do a little bit of work on my office probably that week. So there we go.

In somewhat related news, I went out for pizza at Zachary's for lunch and was reading one of the Bay Area rags and saw that the Kaiser Chiefs was coming to the Fillmore 2 weeks from today. A quick check of ticketmaster showed that there were still tickets, and a check with HippyChick showed that she was interested. So I and HippyChick are going to see the Kaiser Chiefs. I've never been to the Fillmore - a horrible thing to admit seeing as I've lived in the area for 8 years - so I'm happy on many levels.

I do have to share that I am feeling somewhat torn right now about the news of the journalist that has been jailed. In light of the recent disclosure (Newsweek) of Carl Rove's involvement in the leaking of Plame to the press, I am anxious as any good liberal to know who this other woman's protected source is. And yet, I also HATE to see further erosion of our 1st Amendment rights. (Repeat after me, Spins..."The ends don't justify the means. The ends don't justify the means!")

8 comments:

Flash said...

I am so bloody jealous Spins, first Green Day & now the Kaisers!
It's not fair!!!!

Charby said...

How exciting!
The Kaisers rock!!!

HistoryGeek said...

It's serendipity. The cost for the show is cheap! too. And it's a pretty intimate venue (although it's not like a club venue). I'm excited.

Aravis said...

Regarding the journalist, I understand your ambivalence. I feel the same way. I'd also really like to see Rove get what he deserves this time, but I'm sure nothing will come of it. Not for him.

Dzesika said...

Yay for Kaiser Chiefs!

Anonymous said...

Spinny

I was listening to the Kaiser Chiefs on the way to work this morning.

A scary coincidence ?!.

R

LB said...

that should be ace. the Kaiser Chiefs in a small venue. Quality.

i predict a riot...

Robin Barcus-Slonina said...

Thank you for your comment on my blogsite stateofdress! nice to hear from folks out there!

sincerely, robin barcus