Sunday, July 10, 2005

Who loves a contest?

This one is somewhat literary in nature...be the first to tell me the name and author of the poem I referenced in parenthesis in the last paragraph of the previous post...

AND...what movie was strongly influenced by this poem...

AND...what other literary source is also cited as an influence for the same movie...

The person who gets all of these answers correctly first, will get to name the hedgehog that I am going to adopt for this blog from here.

I can't figure out if this is going to be impossibly hard, or obnoxiously easy.

10 comments:

Cinemasochist said...

"The Hollow Men" by T.S Eliot

"Hollow Man" starring Kevin Bacon

"The Invisible Man" by H.G Wells

-Cinemasochist

R said...

hey just returning the post.. yep, I also used to live in DC! PANDAS!!

Flash said...

Oh & I knew that!
Honest!

No, I'm lying.

Groofkid said...

The sandman? LoL

LB said...

is the film "Mannequin"?

i'll get my coat.

HistoryGeek said...

So cinemasochist has the poem right...And although there is a movie called Hollow Man, I've never heard that the poem was in any way related to the film, so good shot and it certainly isn't the most significant, if they are related.

Any takers on the correct film and secondary literary source of said film.

I might have to reward this contest in 2 or 3 parts, since cinemasochist should get rewards for coming up with the poem - and a worthy stab at the movie.

HistoryGeek said...

Urban Fox is the winner of the last 2....

So here it is cinemasochist will have the honor of the 1st name...

The Urban Fox may contribute middle and last name.

Remember, this is a hedgehog, so a certain amount of dignity will be appreciated. You may either post in the comments or e-mail me (to be found in my profile).

Hyde said...

Apocalypse Now (Kurtz reads Eliot's "The Hollow Men" in the movie) and the other literary source for that moview--Conrad's "Heart of Darkness."

Do I win???

Hyde said...

Damn it...I didn't realize someone had already posted the answers. Blogger needs to be constantly refreshed! Better luck for me next time...

Cinemasochist said...

Cool... Urban Fox and myself get the honors.

The First name will be: Johann (as in Strauss)