Tuesday, August 23, 2005

"I don't wanna say goodbye"

I'm exhausted...so this post may be short and somewhat scattered.

I'm ending at the Women's Therapy Center this week. I spent over an hour writing closing summaries for my charts tonight. I luckily get to take my clients with me into private practice, but I will lose many of the relationships that have really sustained me. I've already ended with one of my supervisors, and tomorrow is the last time I will meet with my primary supervisor, whom I love dearly. It will not be the end of seeing her, and I may consult with her from time to time, but I won't be seeing her weekly, and I'm sad about that.

I did this last night:



It was inspired by lot's of feelings that came up around being bi after watching the last episode of this season's "L Word." The theme of the journaling I did, and then the painting is that sometimes having choice is not neat or clear.

For those of you who are "L Word" fans, I just have to mention that my favorite character is Jenny (no not the one I'd date...please - Shane's what that's all about, girls!), but there are parts of her darkness that I so resonate with.

Okay, that's all...Spinny's spun.

12 comments:

Flash said...

Hey Spins!
Just been catching up & wanted to say Hey.

spinsterwitch said...

Hey, back at you!

red one said...

Like the painting - wish I could see it to size. It is only about four inches by three on my laptop screen, sadly.

red

Bee said...

Is that a finger painting?

I like the contrast between the red and the blue.

spinsterwitch said...

Most of my stuff has been finger painting lately...or hand painting. Really messy...really fun.

Scully said...

I love finger painting. It's so relaxing and it's so creative.

And this is very pretty with the colours.

the urban fox said...

I like the painting. It made me think of Spiderman in a blender after I looked at it too long though. But that's the silly mood I'm in rather than anything to do with the painting itself.

Brits, has the L word been shown in Britain yet? On proper TV? Or just Murdoch-enriching satellite? (ie: improper TV)

Aravis said...

Terrific painting, spin! These are bold, passionate colors you've used. I agree, choices aren't always neat and clear. I love how you've expressed that here.

Anonymous said...

K-even though Jenny is my LEAST favorite character on L word (too skinny, too whiny, but does have that cute Audrey Hepburn look going on right now), I also really love her darkness. Shane is the one(of course), but I think I am most like Alice...the "pre-Kristi" me being more like Bette (sad but true). What do you think?
-Kara

spinsterwitch said...

Kara...I think I agree with your interpretation. How's life treating you?

Fred said...

Nice painting - would love to see more!

Hyde said...

Beautiful!