I got tagged by Swiss Toni...cool!
"List five songs that you are currently digging - it doesn't matter what genre they are from, whether they have words, or even if they're not any good, but they must be songs you're really enjoying right now. Post these instructions and the five songs (with artist) in your blog. Then tag five people to see what they're listening to."
These are in no particular order:
1. "Power of the Harden-Bratt" by Ulali: They describe themselves as a "first nation's women's a capella trio." This song periodically pops up in my playlist, and I can never just listen to it once...it's the closest I've been to a powwow in years.
2. "Que Onda Guero?" by Beck: This is just a quirky, upbeat song with a great latin beat to it. It's such a suprise after E-Pro that it always feels fresh when I play the CD.
3. "Jesus of Suburbia" by Green Day: I can't get enough of this CD. This is the first of their 2 songs-in-5-parts and is long, but I love the way it transitions and tells a story. I get to see them perform in just a month, so this is getting a lot of play right now.
4. "Spun" by Flypside: I've mentioned this local band several times on this blog...this is the 2nd song on their CD and my current favorite. How could I not love a song whose chorus goes: "Here we go one more time/Here we go one more time/Now we spinnin'/Yeah we spinnin'/Yeah we spinnin'/Now we spun."
5. "Feel Good, Inc." by Gorillaz: This is the only one that I don't have on CD and so it is my favorite "radio" song. Even pulling up lyrics and reading them, I still don't know what this song is about. But it doesn't seem to matter; whenever, we get to "Hahahahaha," I sing aloud at the top of my voice.
These are not necessarily my earworms, but the songs I've been seeking out or paying attention to more...the one's I'm digging!
I tag the following (always voluntary, of course):