Monday, August 08, 2005

Wherein our heroine cheers-the-hell-up

Oh, I'm still anxious, but I talked to B (the bestest dialysis social worker in the world) who talked me off the roof..."I know you'd rather eat bugs than do this. And this is not a failure on your part."....and helped me make a plan. Plans help me, at least in the interim, feel more in control.

But the good news, great news really, is this: Many months ago I suffered a devastating culinary blow at the, presumed, closure of my fave "crunchy" vegan restaurant in Oakland...The Organic Cafe. But then someone clued me in to the fact that there was a new restaurant in the same place, intimating that only a change of names had occurred.

So today I ventured out, and lo-and-behold!, repainted, rearranged, but with the same nummy food, there it was. Now I will admit that the real loss I had experienced at it's closing (it's now Manzanita Restaurant) was the loss of the best vegan chocolate chip banana bread ever. I have served this stuff to many a non-veg without anyone the wiser, it's so good. But there it was...

Perhaps this makes my life sad and narrow, but all I can think to say is: Joy! Joy!

4 comments:

Fred said...

It's all about you. Moose is right - the little things make us tick, and keep us happy.

Flash said...

Spins, your joy is my joy.
(cue comments featuring the words "sickbags" and "ahoy"!)

LB said...

sickbags ahoy!

Unknown said...

food! food is best! i love food! good food and good friends...ah, the joys of life!

and i completely understand -- if the Organic Grill ever closed, i'd be devistated!