Friday, September 16, 2005

"I'm the only one and I walk alone"

No, no, I'm not depressed or even feeling lonely. I've just got Boulevard of Broken Dreams in my head and can't think of any other lyrics for the title.

Actually this weekend is going to be something of a social whirlwind for me. After clients tonight, I'm off to meet NewMSWStudent for dinner and a nice chat. Tomorrow, I'm off to see a CAL Bears football game with HippyChick, BeeDragon and HippyChick's parents and sister. I'm not a huge football fan, but live is better than television, and I've never been in the stadium I'm going to. It should prove interesting if for no other reason than the Hayward fault runs goalpost to goalpost through it. So if there's a quake tomorrow, I'm out of luck! Sunday, the Physicist and her husband (they who own Hill House) are taking me to see Our Town at the Berkeley Rep in thanks for staying at their glorious house.

Today, I am actually going to the used computer store and picking up a monitor and hopefully, I will be all settled and get my DSL fixed sometime this weekend in the midst of all that social excitement.

I realized last night that in the midst of telling you all about my trip to San Diego, etc, I never weighed in on the book V is for Vendetta. I'm sure that you have all been on pins and needles. The long and the short of it is that I enjoyed the book, but I had hard time getting past some of the 80's ideas of women that were pretty prevalent. It got better, but I had to suspend disbelief (and frustration) for a bit. Still the idea is interesting. Unless the movie gets rave reviews, though, I'll wait until it comes out on video to watch it.

Well, I'm off to the computer store.

2 comments:

Charby said...

bet its not as good as our football!
Hehehehe!

Toenex said...

I wish I could map the connectivity been blogs cause how I got here is an absolute fucking mystery to me. Nice place though. I dare not ask what you were doing when your picture was taken. Still I can't talk, at least my hair is growing back now though.