Thursday, September 15, 2005

Refocus

I've got a headache today...a little bit sinuses, a little bit work, a little bit Katrina, a little bit the Roberts' hearings. It makes me annoyed with little things and everything feels overwhelming.

So to try to get out of this, I want to remind myself of things I am grateful for...

friends
flowers
music that makes me want to dance
poetry (there's some new poems up here)
sleeping through the night
the peacefulness that is my office
furry animals (see below for a story about a non-furry animal)
soy lattes from the Green Bean

So my non-furry story: The other night I was driving home late and as I swung up the hill my headlights caught on a possum crossing the road. It waddled as quickly as it could, and it suddenly occurred to me that this must be what a baby ROUS looks like...(The Princess Bride: "Rodents of Unusual Size"). Suddenly even a possum was cute.

I'm aware I'm still a little rambly.

7 comments:

Charby said...

Be grateful for a full nights sleep.
I'd be grateful for half a nights sleep.

Fred said...

The possum is cute until they take up residence in your garage. Then, they get nasty when you try and eject them.

No problem with being rambly - It's why we're here!

P'tit-Loup said...

Ramble Ramble, and the rodents will come! Well speaking of rambling. However, I do love the princess bride. "My name is Ignito Montoya, you killed my father, prepare to die!" I love that line. As well as "Lady!!!" which my sweet daughter call me when she is in a laughing mood.

Aravis said...

"Mawiage, that most bwessed awangement. That dweam within a dweam. And wuv... twu wuv.."

I like possums. But then, none have ever tried to take up residence in my garage that I'm aware of. *G*

Flash said...

I have to be honest, I'm not even sure what a possum looks like!
Luckily I don't have a garage, so I won't have one of the blighters invading it.

sunshine said...

Hi~ I'm still here.

So you managed to save the little ones life?

Have a great weekend.

Ramble on....

red one said...

Blogger seems to have eaten the comment I thought I'd made before. Oh well. This time I have haad a chance to read your poems too. I really do like them. As usual I can't find the words to explain why... but I do.

red