Monday, September 12, 2005

"Little darlin', it's been a long, cold, lonely winter"

Waaah! What happened to summer?! So here's the scoop for you non-Bay Area people: We don't get a traditional summer here (unless you are inland a bit, which I'm not). So all summer, we keep our fingers crossed for that brief "Indian Summer" we usually get in September...just a little bit of heat for a while before the rain and the fog of winter set in. But we haven't gotten it, and it's cold and gray here again.

It made me grumpy, especially when I was driving, until I had to laugh at myself with how much I was swearing at people who couldn't hear me.

My weekend was very good (despite still being under the weather). I feel like I've mostly come out of my funk...I'm cooking for myself again. I did some cleaning. I felt like my down time was something I could enjoy. I also got to celebrate my graduation from my therapy training program with B, HippyChick & BeeDragon. There are pictures that I will post here soon.

I did ask Flash for another set of questions, and he asked some good ones so here are my answers:

1. When did you become a veggie & what was the last meat you ate?I became a full-time veggie in April 2003, but I had stopped eating land animals long before that (I don’t remember the date on that, but it coincided with reading Fast Food Nation). I do have one secret weakness, however, and that’s mussels. I have over the couple years had mussels a few times. The last time was during my trip to San Diego, so that was the last meat I ate.

2. January? Any redeeming features?
Hmmm…doesn’t someone named Flash have a birthday in January?
Otherwise, it’s a hard, kind of in-between month…there’s always a bit of holiday let-down, and the weather could be better (although it’s always better weather here in January than in Minnesota in January).

3. Bisexuality? Best of both worlds or twice as much hassle?I suppose a little of both – I could expound on the difficulties of dating women who aren’t entirely thrilled to learn their date is bisexual or the men who are entirely too thrilled to learn their date is bisexual. What I can say is that men and women are somewhat different and I love the differences. Sometimes I think it would be easier if I had been born with a clear preference, but I wouldn’t give up this part of who I am either.

4. For what would you sell your soul to the devil? If anything.
If I believed in the devil…I’d love to say that I would sacrifice my soul for something big and selfless, but that’s the martyr in me speaking. I think I would be most tempted to sell my soul for love, but that gets tricky doesn’t it because I would know that the love was “bought”…I suppose it would have to be something along the lines of someone who loved me, along with no knowledge/memory that I’ve sold my soul for that purpose. (Oh, and I’m talking romantic love here…I know that lot’s of people love me.) Of course, I imagine something awful would happen with it in a case like this...like I'd betray the love, then suddenly learn that I'd sold my soul for the love I just betrayed. So, yeah, I guess I won't be selling my soul anytime soon.

5. As a poet & a proud owner of "Confessions of an idiot", may I shamelessly ask you what you think of my lyrics & if you have a favourite line?Just as I liked Nothing’s Changed the best musically, I also liked it the best lyrically. I like the simplicity of it. The darkness of it. That said, my favorite line comes from Egg-Wielding Freak: “I think I’m going to have to kick your dinorsaur a$$.” That just makes me giggle. Over all, I like your lyrics…I like that it feels like you put yourself into them. For anyone who wants to read the lyrics, you can go here.

3 comments:

Flash said...

God love ya, spins!

P'tit-Loup said...

Great questions and great answers, I got a big kick of those "guys who love to hear that you are bisexual" or however you stated it. That brought a big smile to my mouth! My take on January: Schedule a vacation, usually in the tropic where the sun can bake the skin right off of your bones! But the california winter is much better than the montreal winter (or minesota, i'm sure)

Aravis said...

I've got your Indian Summer I'm afraid. I would send it to you if I could. Autumn is my favorite time of year. Trade you my ice and snow for your rain and fog?

I loved your responses. My birthday is also in January. This may not redeem it for you, but does for me. *G* I loved your answer regarding selling your soul. I can't help but think you were very wise. I don't believe in the devil either, but suspending disbelief, I wouldn't trust him either. ;0

Btw, my code word is lvrapdvd, which I interpret as Live Rap DVD. But I don't like rap...