It's a little surreal to have that title when I'm listening to Linkin Park (which is more suited to my mood as I type this).
So it seems that everyone this weekend was away again, forcing me to go on a walkabout in blogdom. I've got to say the mid-afternoon walkabouts, yield some interesting content...a little bit more American content than late night travels. This particular cluster of blogs was actually from 3 different forays - I did have a bit of a social life this weekend. So here goes:
1. Mike - 27 from Belgium. His entire site is in French (not surprisingly). He has a lovely image in his current post which he describes this way, "Un miroir brise qui dissimule, tel la moitie immergee de l'iceberg, un cactus sournois, ou l'imagedu couple dechire." Of course, I can't put in the proper accents, and perhaps P'tit-Loup would like to hazard a translation because I was lost after un miroir...
2. Agelessbeauty - 22 year old woman in Ottowa, Ontario, Canada. She's a hockey fan and a student. She's working on papers and still managing to cook awesome looking dinners...and get her hair dyed. I dropped her a comment about the nummy looking food before heading out.
3. P'los Animais - This site was in Portugese, so I couldn't read the pop-up that I clicked on, which I suspect was warning me that the site contained gruesome pictures of animals being tortured and abused. Next!
4. Christian Rowena - I don't know what to make of this site. No age or gender or location was noted. It looks like a lot of different styles and levels of maturity in writing. But randomly, there is also this from a post: "Mundanes are always communicating more information than they realize. While in this realm you can feel the disconnection with others, and know this is not right." Certainly this person, or persons, is anything but mundane!
5. Canadian Friends of Sudan - They had a vision statement...part of which is this: "CFS is dedicated to building a Sudan in which all people are free of slavery, oppression and violence, and live in peace." And all from Canada! Excellent...another reason to emigrate.
6. Megan Falkland - this is another blog that confused me...much in the same way that Christian was confusing. She seems to be 1) a senior in high school visiting colleges (she likes Notre Dame), writing rap songs, and sketching fantasy characters with swords; or 2) a middle aged housewife discussing her sons leaving for college and posting articles about divorce. I actually think it is a mother/daughter blog. Bold move...and it begs the question of who is the real Megan Falkland?
7. Cutie - a woman from Belleville, Michigan, age unknown. Her bio says she investigates child abuse - another social worker, I presume. She's waxing lyrical about mustard greens and doing an admirable job restraining herself from taking out her obnoxious teenage neighbor. This seems like a groovy woman! I'll be checking in on her again.
8. Radicalismo - man, age unknown, location unknown. He's looking at choices and getting out of boxes. Perhaps most fascinating about this blog is that his first spam commenter (he's only on his second post) purports to know Harriet Miers and, of course, has a blog that's a guide to home furnishing and gifts! Gah! Good luck, radicalismo...I hope you find that word verification function soon.
9. David - 26 year old from Fredericksburg, Virginia. He's a trashtalker and clearly has a bizarre sense of humor. He's someone I think I could love to hate, so I might have to pop in on him again to test my theory. Right now, he's harrassing some poor man named Troy who had the misfortune to have a tape from his high school years released into the ether of the internet. Our David has created a separate website dedicated to the mockery of said poor soul.
10. Phirlie - 16 year old boy in Singapore. He plays the drums. He loves soccer. He writes in a sort of English street pidgin. What I could catch is that he is frustrated that when he gets to know a girl, she changes her mind about being with him. He's given up on girls. He also mentions that he's not fasting for Ramadan.
11. Masterteacher - 40 year old man in Reno, NV. He's a teacher - you think?! He lvoes running and particularly with his dog, Chico, who is a gorgeous Gold Retriever. He ran the Bay to Breakers in 2004 - this is a Bay Area event in SF. Running, running, running...that's pretty much his blog.
I hope by the time you read this (I often write my posts a night ahead of when I post), I should be in less of a Linkin Park mood...let's hope for the sake of my co-workers and patients that's true, anyway.