Thursday, January 05, 2006

"Going down, in a spiral to the ground"

This week's offering for Least Favorite Film comes from a sweet guy in the midwest: Renton Locke. It is a concisely written review, but really it seems like there is little to go on with the film, anyway.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

In order to review my least favorite film, we'll need to flash back to 1997, and the film Gone Fishing. The tagline for the film was, "Even the fish are laughing!" Unfortunately, the fish weren't in the theatre.

The two main characters, played by Danny Glover and Joe Pesci, are hopelessly inept…at everything. Each situation they find themselves in gets progressively worse and their lack of intelligence only make the situations appear more hopeless. This is the fundamental problem with this film.

As a viewer, you are never given the opportunity to like the characters. The only emotional option available to the viewer is pity. I can vividly remember sitting in the theatre thinking two distinct thoughts. Firstly, no single person could possibly be this oblivious, and two of them being friends seemed highly unlikely. Secondly, I had to wonder what I could possibly do in order to just make it end.

And that is my review about the worst film I have ever seen.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I have to admit to never having seen this film, probably because fishing and comedy don't really seem correlated in my mind. I suppose I should be glad that I wasn't more open-minded. I doubt we're going to get a maelstrom of controversy on this.

My day today was mixed. Better in some ways, not so great in others. I think that's all that I really feel up to re-hashing.

Have a good Friday all!

1 comment:

LavaLady said...

Hugs!
xo
LL