Sunday, March 26, 2006

"Bubble, bubble, toil and trouble"

So I finished my CE Units and now just have to send my check off to my licensing board, then I will be done with my renewal for 2 years. Yay! And it's all done before I leave on vacation, which is an added bonus.

Yesterday was a great day...lot's of wind and gusts of rain. I got all the "chore" stuff I wanted to get done done. Today's an equally lazy day...here's my plan: I have to do a little healing ritual for a certain someone in England who's doing his best to hack up a lung. I refuse to have any of you sick when I'm visiting, do you hear?! So everyone send lot's of wishes and healing thoughts and prayers Flash's way (it may seem corny, but studies have shown that coronary patients who are prayed for have better outcomes than those who aren't...).

Anyway, then I'm going to do something constructive like a practice pack of my stuff to see what fits and what doesn't so I know how to revise my packing list. This evening B and I are going out to Juan's, a fabulous Mexican restaurant in Berkeley, then off to see V for Vendetta on Imax. It's kind of our last women's night out because her hubby is coming up on Wednesday night and then she is moving out next weekend. (Shhhh! I'm firmly in denial that this is happening. It will probably hit when I return from my trip.)

8 comments:

shorty said...

Good Luck with the packing and I'll send Flash some thoughts.

I'm sure he'll do his best to kick this before he sees you.

It will be hard coming home to an empty house when you get back, but it might be liberating too.

Have a safe trip. Take an umbrella.

Matt said...

Let me know how V is. It sounds like a great movie. On a side note, I am so glad to see you stringing so many good days together. That's all :)

Ethel said...

I firmly believe in the power of good thoughts. Sending them out for Flash. :)

Flash said...

Aaaw Spins!
*Smiles & blushes*

Erika said...

Tell us more about this healing ritual, Spin, I'm so piqued!

And I'm with Matt, it's so lovely to hear you sounding so positive and joyous. Perhaps you need to make this a thrice annual trip to England...

HistoryGeek said...

Ka - it was pretty basic and impromptu. I cast a circle, then had a little time to meditate. I had my chalice placed on a representation of Flash (it can be anything that makes you think of someone else...I used the King of Swords from my tarot deck in this case). I created a potion (okay, I dropped a tablet of Airborne into water...but it did bubble and that was cool!) and focused on the healing powers of the potion going to Flash. Then I drank the potion myself to set my intention of sending healing thoughts his way (and also because Airborne is good for you!). I opened the circle.

As for the trip - I'm obviously very excited.

Aravis said...

What an excellent ritual Spins; thanks for sharing it!

As for the power of healing thoughts, at the moment I'm reading The Celestine Prophecy. Have you read it? I've just read a section that talks about the energies that surround us all, and how we can tap into them to exchange energy with the world around us. What you wrote reminded me of that. :0)

Erika said...

Celestine Prophecy is such a numbingly badly written book, but it does have some great ideas in it.