Tuesday, March 07, 2006

"These boots were made for walking"

I've been a little bit on a shoe binge lately. Most of the shoes that I buy are secondhand, but just this week I bought 2 new pairs of good shoes (read: expensive). One was a pair of red Dansko clogs that are so comfy, I don't know that I will ever take them off. The other is a pair of Sandro Moscoloni men's loafers. They fit perfectly and will be perfect walking shoes - once I break them in. I got several nice comments about the clogs...the others weren't really designed to be noticed so much.

The used shoes I've gotten include a pair of mens shoes with buckles, well worn in but seen a bit of wear. Some women's suede walking shoes that are just a bit too small. A pair of Dansko...kind of Mary Jane's, but cooler. And a pair of boots with a heel that I'm still trying to get used to.

I'm normally not quite such a shoe person, but with the prospect of walking more (and needing some better shoes for work) I've been going a little overboard. I've never really been a girl who likes high heels (they are so painful, if you aren't used to them...and I've never been able to get used to them), so I don't understand the draw of Manolo Blahniks. But find me a good pair of shoes without a heel, and I'll get a little giddy.

Let's hope that one of these pairs of shoes turns out to be comfortable for tourist walking because I think I can't afford anymore for a really long time.

1 comment:

Flash said...

I refuse to let you have a 0 comment post.