Monday, May 29, 2006

Holiday Monday

I'm feeling better. How do I know? Well, I can swallow without clenching my teeth. I'm not feeling absolutely exhausted after just feeding the cats. And here's the telling point, I'm not feeling pitiful (as in, filled with pity for myself). Isn't it amazing how being physically ill will just wear you down both physically and emotionally.

So, feeling a bit better, I just want to give a happy shout out about the convictions of Ken Lay & Jeff Skilling. For those of you who may not remember, they are the founder and CEO (respectively) of ENRON Corp. ENRON was responsible for the energy "crisis" in California in 2000, which caused the bankruptcy of our public utility (something I as a citizen of California will pay for) and resulted in some dufus having the bright idea that this was all the fault of Gray Davis and that we needed a special election to get rid of him. And, of course, we ended up with a "special" governor, Arnold Schwartzenegger. And that's just how ENRON effected me. I was lucky. Thousands of ENRON employees, who had great faith in their leadership, invested their entire retirement accounts in ENRON stock...

You know, it just occurred to me the irony. Kenny-boy (the Bush family's nickname for Lay) bilking his employees out of their retirement funds, all the while Bush & Co. are advocating that Social Security be reformed and that people be allowed to invest in private 401ks. Yeah, because we see how protected they are.

Okay, enough about that. My plans for today. Move back to my house (it's clean and I have clean laundry!). Go out for lunch. See X3. Maybe take a walk. Take a nap (don't want to push my feeling good too far). Then mentally prepare to go back to work tomorrow.

Have a good Memorial Day all!

3 comments:

Flash said...

I went to see X3 yesterday, I enjoyed it.
Hope you do & I'm glad you're feeling better.

Cody Bones said...

Glad your feeling better, enjoy your holiday

Fred said...

I like the nap part the best. Have a great holiday!