Wednesday, June 21, 2006

I need to relax

Yesterday, I spent most of the day in pain, and very busy with work stuff...And tired. Monday, I was anxious because I hadn't heard from SlowTalker. And today I'm anxious because of my body. I went off the pill on Sunday for the week, and it's Wednesday and I've only had light bleeding.

I know that in the past stress has delayed or disrupted my period, so I know that could be the case now. But, well, this is the first time this has happened when I'm actually having sex with men (the light, delayed bleeding, that is). It's making me anxious, even though I know that I've been careful and used 2 types of birth control at all times.

Maybe it's all the talk of babies around me...maybe it's just extended PMS...maybe it was my conversation with ExecutiveDirector (who knows more about reproductive health than I probably need to know right now). Whatever it is, I'm feeling anxious. I need a massage.

UPDATE: So I did what any good obsessive/compulsive does and went on the web to do some lovely reading. Apparently, this is fairly normal and I should just chill out. I still think I need a massage!

8 comments:

shorty said...

Yes, just try to relax. A massage is in order!

I wouldn't think your period is anything abnormal.

I hardly get a period at all. Mine always starts on a Wed or Thurs and is over by Friday night. Some months I get only a drop as an indicator. Every woman is different and your body is still adjusting to the pill, right? A couple more months and you will be "normal".

There was a whole lot of more personal info about me than you or your readers probably wanted to know, but just commenting : )

Anonymous said...

I have never had sex with men so I would not know...

Anonymous said...

yeah don't worry my friend, mine got pretty light in general after being on the pill for some time. that you are bleeding at all is all the proof you need :)

HistoryGeek said...

Mystic - even if you had had sex with men, this particular blessing you would not be needing to worry about.

Aravis said...

I think you deserve that massage, either way! :0)

Cody Bones said...

I agree, a massage would be in order here. Go do it.

P'tit-Loup said...

Repeating what others have said, a massage would work wonders on rattled nerves!

Anonymous said...

A good massage will do wonders. I agree!