Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Miracle Worker

I don't love this time of year at my work. When a dialysis patient wants to travel, dialysis at a unit where they are going needs to be arranged. Despite telling patients, ad nauseum, that we always need as much time as possible, especially around the holidays, I invariably get someone who let's me know 2 weeks before said holiday that they need a spot. And, on Thanksgiving, people aren't necessarily traveling to places that are used to getting lot's of visitors, so anything available is filled up early.

I know that I'm not responsible for this, but I am the message bearer...and today I got the attitude from someone that if I just looked hard enough, I'd be able to pull a spot out of thin air. Why do I still let this stuff get to me?!

An update on the spiders. One of the smaller ones is a particularly active little arachnid. I hardly ever see the others actually moving, but this one is always crawling about it's home.

Let's all just take a moment of silence to appreciate the demise of this year's campaign. It's a well-deserved moment of silence, I tell thee.

3 comments:

Hyde said...

Yuck! I hate spiders!!! Don't let those people get to you. I know from my sister that social work is a particularly thankless job at times. You really are a miracle worker...

:)

h

P'tit-Loup said...

I love spiders! They are so beautiful. The other day, I was at my dr.'s office and a lovely great tarantula was crossing the walkway to announce rain as they do this time of the year.

Sorry about your client getting frustrating on you. You let those things get to you because you try so hard and are just as frustrated as they are that you can't find a place for them.

Aravis said...

This left me wondering, what type of spider are you? Do you move industriously about your home, or are you more sedentary?

Me, I'm a lazy spider preferring to watch and wait. *G*