Sunday, November 05, 2006

On the road to wellness

I know that I'm getting well, when I can no longer stand the mess that I allow my house to get into when sick and start cleaning. I'm cleaning slowly, but since I have nothing much planned for the day, that's just fine.

I indulged myself this a.m. by making banana pancakes. I used to always make myself a special breakfast on Sundays, but got out of the habit about a year or so ago. So it was good to do that again.

I watched a DVD last night called the Protocols of Zion. It's about the increase in anti-semitism in the US recently. Actually, it takes a look at international anti-semitism, as well. It's a bit frightening, really. My own history tells me how pervasive anti-semitic ideas are. My family, who are fairly typical Scandanavian midwesterners, tend to think of themselves as fairly open-minded and liberal (well, some of them). It is, therefore, shocking when the most horrible things about Jewish people come out of their mouths. I've been told that they are not to be trusted and that they are selfish and stingy.

My family knows where I stand, generally, but I think, after watching this movie, that I will be braver and more vocal with them in the future when I hear such stupid stereotypes.

HippyChick did me a great favor this week. She forwarded me an e-mail with a job listing that is basically the job that I've wanted since I graduated from grad school. My resume and coverletter are in, so please everyone, cross your fingers and toes.

I'm off, then. You all have a wonderful Sunday.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Everything is crossed, my friend! :)

Charby said...

eyes, toes, and fingers crossed.

Cody Bones said...

Consider me crossed

Aravis said...

Count me crossed too. :0)

red one said...

I'm not actually sure I can do the toes. Is there something wrong with my toes? I am getting cramp trying. I have crossed the relevant body parts mentally for you. Hope that counts.