Friday, November 03, 2006

Planning

I made the mistake of telling S that I enjoy planning things. So I have been given the honor of planning our Thanksgiving weekend. We are traveling down to the Santa Cruz/Monterey area which should be fun...but here's the catch: S likes to have things to do. He's not one for sitting around watching television or going to movies (well, he does go to movies, but not often). He's a very active guy with eclectic tastes, so wandering around a mall the day after Thanksgiving isn't terribly exciting.

So I'm running into lot's of trouble finding things to do for Thanksgiving day and the day after. I have plans, but I'd love to find something spectacular and not much spectacular happens on those days. I may have found a fun option for Thanksgiving dinner, but I need to call to find out what, exactly, is happening that day.

That's the other interesting part...calling around to find out information on restaurants that are actually serving food on Thanksgiving day. I got a list from the Santa Cruz Visitor's Council and went onto Yelp.com. That helped weed out some of the obvious "no" votes for me. In this day and age of electronic communication, restaurants need to be aware that more and more people are hearing the bad stories of service and food...and they often outweigh the good.

Well, I need to head out to run some errands, then see my therapist, then come back home to take a nap. This illness is just making me sleepy.

2 comments:

Cody Bones said...

I hope you feel better soon, Luv ya.

Aravis said...

You're such a creative person that I'm sure you'll come up with some really great things to do. Good luck! :0)