Thursday, December 14, 2006

"You don't always get what you want"

The birthday celebration wasn't a joyous as I'd hoped. Dinner was wonderful, but SS was a bit stressed out about things. I think this made her anxious that everything should be perfect. So when we ran into trouble with the dreidls (which, wow! they are a lot of work), there started to be much tension between S and SS.

It's a strange place to be in, not really able to intervene because it's their relationship, but also caring about both of them. S sent me home on my own so that they could work things out.

Today, after work, I go to brave the crowds for some holiday shopping. I think I can get everything done today (or I hope to) so that I can mail everything home tomorrow. It's a bit of a pain to do this, but I don't want to carry it all in my luggage.

One good piece of news today, we got our profit sharing at work. I can pay for my car registration early!

3 comments:

Aravis said...

Sorry the birthday wasn't as much fun as you had hoped. :0(

Great news about the money, though!

Anonymous said...

yay money, you sure deserve it girlfriend :) sorry bout the bday but hopefully your next hangout will be better...

New White Keds said...

Take solace in the fact that S cared enough to work it out with SS rather than let things fester between them, thus making a "next" hang out next to impossible. But sorry to read it was a disappointment.

How did the dreidles come out in the end?