Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Talk amongst yourselves

I have a meeting to chair today, and lot's to do this a.m. So there's just this...

Via Shapely Prose, I learned yesterday that a man in Mesa, AZ was sentenced yesterday for the death of his girlfriend and fetus. He got 16 years for the death of his girlfriend and 20 years for the fetus.

Nice to know that women are valued just below a fetus, eh? Well, it gets better. The pregnancy was 7 weeks, which technically means that he got 20 years for killing an embryo.

Addendum: An article about the conviction can be found here.

4 comments:

Hyde said...

WHAT!?!?! I don't want to believe it...

P'tit-Loup said...

Great, I'm speachless.

Cody Bones said...

Where did you see this, I can't seem to find it.

red one said...

How many years if I shoot the judge and whoever made the laws of Arizona, do you think?