Monday, August 06, 2007


I've been away awhile. I know. And with no warning. So sorry to keep you all hanging. There were important things to do. Well, not really, but sort of.

Wednesday afternoon, I called my parents to wish them a happy anniversary. They both sounded well and content. And more to the point, they were both home for the day. Which means that when I heard about the collapse of the 35W bridge in Minneapolis, I didn't have to worry about my parents...Just the rest of my friends and family there. Thankfully, they are all well. It's still more than a little ooky. I've driven over that bridge a lot...for a year it was on the direct route between my house and my parents'. Ooky, I say!

On Thursday, I woke up feeling a lot better. So I called up S and told him that I was up to taking a trip to Discovery Kingdom for the day. We met up at his house and headed out for the adventure. There were many animal shows and grossly expensive food items. There was a bear won for me and an icee that left me with blue lips. And then there was this conversation:

S: On a scale of 1 - 10, I'd rate most of the rides in this park a five.
Spins: What's a 10, then?
S: A 10 is an experience that makes me aware of being in the presence of God.
Spins: Have you ever been on such a ride?
S: No...(pause)...But holding you comes close sometimes.
Spins: (jaw drops and body melts Amelie style)

So, yea, Thursday was a good, if exhausting, day. It really is tiring to wander around an amusement park.

Friday, I got to spend the morning with S, then went off to do Friday stuff. Then it was back to S' house on Friday night for dinner and to discuss his trip plans, etc. I spent the night and went off on Saturday morning to my clients while SS drove S to the airport for the beginning of his 3 week trip.

Saturday, I saw clients. Then it was home for a nap. I was up in time to decide that instead of going to member's night at the Zoo (which would have meant a lot of walking around), I would go to have dinner and see Bourne Ultimatum. I liked the movie. Not much more to say on that score.

Yesterday, I got up early and talked to SFBette (who is shortly to become NYBette again because she got an obscene job offer out there) and we arranged to meet for brunch. I had time to get my grocery shopping done.

SFBette and I had a wonderful brunch at the Rockridge Cafe. Then I took her on a tour of Berkeley, as she had yet to experience the eclecticness of that town. After dropping her at the BART. I went home and napped. Upon waking, I began to tackle the cleaning of the apartment. For 2 weeks, I had left things to become absolutely a wreck. Not much I could do about it for most of that time. Still it was at the point of feeling intolerable. I got the bathroom, most of the kitchen and some of the front room cleaned.

You may have noticed that I have been taking regular naps. That's because I'm still feeling pretty tired. Last night, I was back to feeling achy and it was hard to fall asleep. It sucks. I talked to my MD last week and we decided it might be a good idea to have a Lyme disease test. I don't have mono and my white cell count indicates a bacterial infection of some kind. So I'm still not quite up to snuff. Hopefully, I will be soon.

Well, then, I think that's got us caught up on my end. I hope that you all had a wonderful weekend.


Aravis said...

I'm glad that you were well enough to get up and out for a bit; I've been worried about you.

Good luck with the test.

Cody Bones said...

I hope it's nothing serious, and that you survive the three weeks without him. On the plus side, I will be here commenting, so you got that going for you.