Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Art imitating life

So S had a rare TV moment last night and watched the Simpsons. Apparently, Lisa's teacher was out because she had Lyme disease. At the end of the episode, she returns to say that she was only "psychosomatic." Given the content of my post yesterday, it was a little eery and led to a good discussion with S about all those things that I fear, and the secondary gains of being ill.

I woke this morning feeling a lot better. Not physically, but emotionally. S & SS and I are going out of town this weekend, and although it will be a full weekend, I'm looking forward to being away from worries. That's one lovely thing about being out of town, you can't really worry about things.

The biggest worry I've had this week has been with work. I have a challenging patient & family that I don't know really how to approach, so I've been practicing what I'm going to say over and over in my mind. At some point, this method of preparing loses its usefulness.

Okay, then focusing on what I can do right now and not what I have to do tomorrow.

1 comment:

Hyde said...

Have a great weekend! And I hope it went well with the patient and family...

love,
h