Monday, October 22, 2007

Here's what I love...

Fall in the Bay Area. It's not as dramatic as fall in some areas of the country, but the leaves do change color and there is a different quality to the light during the fall. It's strange because when I lived in Minneapolis or DC/Baltimore, I loved Spring the most. But there's not much difference between Spring and Summer here - both are quite lovely.

I love the coming of the rains, and the occassional days of sunny warmth with the warm yellows and oranges of the leaves. It's just wonderful.

I'm feeling better today. The weekend was a mix of rest and activity - I got a lot of sleep on Saturday night, especially. It felt good.

Friday, after work, I cancelled everything and went to bed for the rest of the day. Saturday, I saw clients in the morning, then took a short nap and went to the wedding for FriendITease. She is a wonderful friend from my Lutheran Volunteer Corps days. A couple other people from our community were there. I haven't seen most of them for years, so it was a nice reunion. The wedding was lovely and moving and the reception was more fun than I was up for. I had dinner and enjoyed the company, but then had to go home. I am sad that I didn't have more energy because they had a band and there was going to be dancing.

Sunday, I got to sleep in and I took myself off for a breakfast treat. Then I headed in to the City to meet up with S & SS. They had done a guided walk at the Presidio, so I was meeting them at the north end of Crissy Field for a picnic lunch. It was a beautiful day with lots of people, inquisitive birds and fun dogs to pet.

After our picnic lunch we went to the Palace of Fine Arts to watch a performance of hula by the group out of the school where SS takes classes. It was a great performance. SS isn't in the group yet because she's still sort of intermediate, but she was really excited for her friends who were there. The whole performance was in honor of O'ahu, which was lots of fun because that's where my cousin's wedding will be in May.

I was pooped after the performance, so I took S home and spent the rest of the evening in bed. It seems like this cold has been less severe than other's I've had. Maybe because my immune system is sort of activated still, it was ready to pounce the moment the virus invaded.

I hope everyone else is having a spectacular day. It's just lovely here today.

2 comments:

Hyde said...

I'm glad you're enjoying your fall! It still feels like summer here. I'm craving the autumn crisp.

love,
h

Cody Bones said...

Spins, you do live in a very beautiful part of the country, but if I ever left, I would miss the Midwest Fall more than any other season. Cool, Crisp, may colors on the trees. It's my favorite season