Monday, November 19, 2007

"A night of cloud dancing"

This may be a long-ish post...or it might be shorter than I imagined. We'll see.

Thursday was a hard day for me. I didn't write about this because it was hard enough to process without doing it alone at a keyboard. I don't want to go into great detail, but the Reader's Digest version is that a party with some work friends was planned, and in the process of picking the date a date that I couldn't be there was chosen. I was left feeling left out and it kicked up all sorts of old feelings.

S was wonderful and came by that night and held me and took me out for dinner. We talked about it and he let me cry. My therapist was also wonderful in getting me to express some anger and talk about a rivalry I feel with a former colleague. It all helped me feel more peaceful and have more perspective.

I went to work on Friday morning, so only had a half day off. It is so strange to experience that. I don't really like it. I think I'm a bit spoiled, although I do see clients on Saturday mornings, so I guess not really.

Friday evening, S & I went to see a performance of Pina Baugh's Tanztheater Wuppertal. Don't worry, I didn't know what that meant either. They are a modern dance theater in Germany. There were things that I really enjoyed, things that I really didn't, and about an hour and a half more material than I was up for. I wished that I could pull out those pieces that I really enjoyed and just have that.

Saturday, I saw clients in the morning, then did a little shopping for clothes. I've gained a little weight over being sick and some of the stuff I own is just not fitting comfortably. I hate uncomfortable clothes with a passion.

They were put to good use over the rest of the weekend as well. I went out with S & SS on Saturday night. We went to a tea house on College Avenue. S had once taken a class on reading tea leaves and we had our own tea reading adventure. I saw a bunny with a rifle amongst my leaves. This may or may not be a good thing. We had a reservation at It Trattoria, just down the street from the tea house. We were late, so we had to wait...and wait we did. It was amazing how kind of chaotic it was. Eventually we got a seat, then proceeded to eat a lot of Italian food family-style. It was fun.

Saturday night/Sunday morning saw the 3 of us being rather creative in bed. It was fun and challenging...challenging because the logistics of threesomes, especially if you are trying to be creative can be tricky. Still, it seemed a good time was had by all.

We went out for brunch and an adventure at Long's drugstore. S was in a wacky mood, definitely. SS dropped S & I off and headed to her hula practice. S & I spent some time discussing our trip to HI in May for my cousin's wedding. I then went home because that's where my guidebook was and did more fleshing out of the plan.

I met up with S that evening, dressed very hot, if I may say so. We had dinner at his house then went to see a performanceo of Dancewerx, an amateur student group that puts on performances every semester. Their own performers choreograph. They are pretty good. Very enthusiastic and obviously love to dance. It was fun.

I was exhausted last night getting home. I mostly just had time to clear off my bed and get things together to be ready for today.

I'm leaving for Minnesota on Wednesday. I'm looking forward to several days just at my parents to rest and relax. Although, it too will probably be busier than I anticipate...I want to do all my Christmas shopping while I'm there so I don't have to mail a bunch of stuff in a couple weeks.

No comments: