Thursday, November 22, 2007

Thankfulness

I've been in a wonderful mood this week. Some of this has to do with having 5 days off. Some of it has to do with planning my trip to Oahu with S for my cousin's wedding. We have it mostly planned, already.

I flew to Minnesota, yesterday. When I got in to the airport it was snowing. It's snowing again this morning. I love new snow. It's still clean and lovely.

I got to take my parents' dog, Jesse, for a walk this morning. This is a stubborn dog. I suppose that's a good thing, since this is a fairly stubborn family.

My parents are noticeably aging. My dad is having trouble speaking these past couple days. He's stuttering a lot. I worry about his longterm health as he is mostly inactive. Mom has lot's of aches and pains and moves really slowly.

Still, it is good to see them and experience their quirks. I got to bring them all the gifts from various holidays and birthdays that they've had throughout the year. It's not hard to get things ready for mailing, but I just didn't get this done earlier.

I got a chance to talk to S this morning. He sounds chipper and is planning to spend the day with SS and her niece. It sounds like they are taking a hike, then coming back to the house and cooking dinner. I talked to SS yesterday while I waited at the airport, she's hoping to get in and spice up S' ideas for dinner. S tends to like things fairly plain and simple (and that's a bit of an understatement).

Well, folks, know that I am thankful for all of you. I hope that your days are filled with love and the craziness of family.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am thankful for you too Karicita, see u back on the left coast :)