Thursday, December 06, 2007

Busy, busy

Tuesday was a busy day...Meeting all day, then rushing off to pick up S and head out to SF. Weeks ago, when he had had me reserve that night for him, I'd imagined a quiet night at home having dinner and lighting the first Hanukkah candle. But off we were going to SF.

We had dinner at Acme Chophouse (which will be featured later in another episode of Food as I Know It, but not today). Then we walked (I hobbled) to the tent where they were having the latest Cirque du Soleil creation: Kooza!

I've never been to Cirque, so I had the experience of slight disappointment because it is so hyped and people just gush over it. But then I let that go and enjoyed the performances. I wasn't terribly impressed with the narrative flow, although I liked the dog character they had in the narrative. The performers were excellent. I do wish the chairs had been more comfortable, but that is a frequent issue for me in such venues so it's not much of a criticism.

I'm still a bit blown away by the fact that I am with someone who will regularly take me to such things. Not just the thought and care of planning to spend such an evening with me, but the outlay of money. This was not a cheap date. And, yes, I know that I deserve it, but I've never been in a position where I or anyone else around me could or would spend that kind of money for a Tuesday evening date. It's just a little overwhelming. You'll hear more of this babble, I promise, when we go to Yosemite.

Yesterday was spent hobbling about doing errands after work and joining my former supervisor for dinner. It was a nice evening and I was in bed with my foot up by 9 p.m.

This morning...well to read about my experience this morning you'll have to go to Steatopygia. Be aware the picture on the post is somewhat not work safe.

I'm hoping I bleed soon...I'm PMSing yesterday and today.

No comments: