Sunday, May 11, 2008

In which my mother shares a secret

No, I'm not going to tell you what it is...it really wouldn't be very exciting to you out of context. Let's just say that I shared that I had a bad night.

I was up before 3 a.m. and didn't get back to sleep until about 6 a.m. This never happens to me. When I'm anxious about something, I might be awake for an hour, but I can usually get back to sleep quickly.

But I was ruminating on how angry I was at S and I needed to write about it. Then writing about it got me all energized and I couldn't even think of sleeping. So I played some mindless Spider Solitaire and read until I was sleepy.

That, unfortunately, ruined my plan to go to IHOP this morning. I thought it would be a good idea, but I got up around 10 and didn't get there until 11. 11 a.m. on Mother's Day is apparently not a good time to try out the IHOP. I went to a small diner nearby instead. It was okay, but I felt sick after eating only half what I got. Now I have diarhea and I feel nauseous, and I don't think I'm actually sick, but just sick at heart.

I was reading my trashy novel - a paranormal sort whose title is listed in the sidebar. It's a fun read, but the sex scene between the characters made me cry. It's so frustrating.

So I talked to my mother and along with wishing her a Happy Mother's Day, I talked to her about what was happening, and she shared her secret. I felt touched that she was willing to do that. I felt held.

Well, my friends, I have an exciting day planned of doing laundry and cleaning. I hope you all have told your mother that you love her today (well, that is if you do love her, I suppose).

1 comment:

Aravis said...

I love that you had that connection with your mother. *hug*