Sunday, June 29, 2008

Morro Bay

Morro Bay is a cute coastal town halfway between SF & LA. Usually when I am here, I stay with my friends, but this time I've decided that I needed some time with just me in a hotel and quiet.

So I'm in a cheap room, but one that comes with WiFi, a fridge, cable and a microwave. I've had a so-so meal at a restaurant that caters to the tourist crowd and sat on a park bench enjoying the fog and looking at Morro Bay Rock. It's an old volcanic plug, attesting to the even more violent geologic history of my fair state.

I don't know that there is much more to say. I'm feeling very peaceful...very grounded. This is good.

Everyone keep their fingers crossed for SS. She has injured her foot (possible strain or fracture). Her ho'ike is in 4 weeks (ho'ike is her graduation from her hula school), and so I'm hoping it is just a strain. Mostly, we should keep our fingers crossed that she is not going to over-do her practices while she is healing.

2 comments:

Hyde said...

I'm glad you're feeling good! I just had to catch up on some reading with your blog. Sorry I haven't been around as much to comment. I hope SS is okay!!!

love,
h

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're getting some quiet, away, grounding time! I'm looking forward to seeing you on Sunday...love, writinginAK (except at the moment I'm writing in Portland :) ) (and publishing anonymously, since I apparently can't rememember my password. Sigh.)