Friday, June 27, 2008

He's a geek

And no I'm not talking about S. It's my psychiatrist.

I was lucky. I found a psychiatrist that is taking new patients and he had an opening this week.

He's a bit odd. He has very little affect presentation. The only times that I got a rise out of him when I said that I was allergic to FD&C Yellow 5 and that I'd had an early stage Lyme infection. Usually when I mention the allergy, I have to explain what it is (it's a food dye that sometimes also shows up in drugs).

I think he may have some strange ideas that go beyond what I believe (he was concerned that I was taking the generic form of zoloft and not the brand name as he believes there are some differences...hmmmm.), but he was very thorough in his assessment and really included me in making decisions about what we should do. I liked that.

Basically, we are increasing my zoloft dose a bit and going to see what that does.

He was actually very open to me taking leave and willing to fill out disability paperwork, if needed. I think right now, I'm going to stick to the 2 weeks off and go back and see how I'm doing at that point.

Why do I say that he's a geek, you may wonder? He was wearing a very professional suit...and a pair of tennis shoes.

That's all today folks.

2 comments:

Aravis said...

That sounds like my kind of psychiatrist! Where can I get one of those. Around here they're all the stuffy sort. I like that he listened to you and made you part of the process. That's so important. Here's hoping everything works out in the end. :0)

Cody Bones said...

Spins, I hope everything works out, and you start feeling better soon. Your in my thoughts.